Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mango Avocado Smoothie



As part of my yoga journey this week I entered into a fruit fast. For three days I feasted on only fruit; apples, bananas, oranges, mangoes, avocados, strawberries, blueberries, coconut, etc. This is not my first fasting experience but it’s always amusing to find how anxious I can become before the fast begins. “Will I be starving? Will I feel exhausted? Will I be able to work, yoga, think?!” Each time I discover the same thing, it’s never as hard as I believe it will be! Fasting is an interesting process. It challenges you both physically and mentally as it cleanses your body from the inside out.

During these three days, mango avocado smoothies have been my go-to. Besides tasting amazing, the avocado gives me the energy I need to stay focused and make it through the long work day. Simple but delicious.

Serves 1
start to finish: 5 minutes
  • ½ ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, roughly chopped
  • 1 ripe mango, pitted, peeled, roughly chopped
  • ¾ cup cold coconut milk
  • ¾ cup cold mango juice (or papaya juice)
  • 1 fresh mint leaf, (optional)

Combine avocado, mango, coconut milk, mango juice and mint into a blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy! note: if the smoothie feels too thick, add a little cold water and blend until you reach your desired consistency

4 comments:

  1. Mangos and avocados just got added to this week's grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Hoyts! Let me know what you think. And don't forget the minty freshness, it really brightens the smoothie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. shoot. i just had to through out two mangos and an avocado because i buy them and then never use them....next time i'll try this one!
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you decide to try it let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete