Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lemon Avocado Sherbet



Thanks to my most recent fruit feast, I have been on quite the avocado kick. I simply cannot say enough great things about this amazing fruit. It’s nutty, smooth and flavorful, it has a rich and creamy texture, it’s simply delicious. In keeping with this theme I decided to move avocados into the desert menu.

A couple of months ago, a friend of mine shared an avocado desert recipe that I knew I had to make for myself. Desert can be one of the more challenging items to make gluten & diary-free but this is quick, simple and tasty. With summer fast approaching it’s the perfect light and refreshing delight. Enjoy!

adapted from: the Ultimate Mexican supplement, Better Homes and Gardens 2010
  • 2 avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and cut up (1” pieces)
  • 2 cups original almond milk
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp)
  • zest of 1 lemon

In a blender, combine avocado, milk, powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cover and blend until extra smooth. Pour mixture into glass baking dish, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours. To serve, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I love avocado is desserts too. Will have to give this one a go, thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete