Sunday, April 10, 2011

Smooth Dave Hummus



SmoothDaveHamm, this hummus is just for you. It’s basic but still delicious. I hope you enjoy. :)

start to finish: 10 minutes
  • 4 tbsp tahini paste
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2–4 garlic cloves, smashed (depending on your taste)
  • 4 lemons, juiced (about ½ cup)
  • 2 cups garbanzo beans (if using caned beans, rinse well and drain)
  • ¼ cup water
  • ½ tsp garlic salt
  • ½ tsp pepper
  • zest of 1 lemon (optional)

Combine tahini paste, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice into a food processor. Blend together well. Add in garbanzo beans, water, garlic salt, pepper and lemon zest. Blend until hummus is a smooth consistency (2–3 minutes). Note: you can add more water if it seems too thick, if it isn’t thick enough add a few more beans until you reach your desired consistency. Optional: Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.

Drizzle with olive oil and parsley and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Laura! I feel famous now that I have my own hummus recipe. I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some of this last Sunday and it was fanastic! It's smooth with depth like it's namesake.

    ReplyDelete