Sunday, April 3, 2011

Brick Road Pizza



This past Saturday Jon and I decided to head out to the Brick Road Pizza Co. for dinner. It’s a laid-back hipster environment, that features live music from time to time and makes great tasting fare, including gluten & diary-free pizza. :) I love it. Pizza in GR that I can eat and that I didn’t make myself! It really can not get anymore awesome.

Their menu is quite extensive and includes soups, salads, sandwiches, pasta, a large selection of Vegan options and pizza. The gluten & dairy-free pizza is quite delicious. The crust is thin and can be topped with about anything you can imagine. My favorite pizza is topped with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, artichoke hearts, banana peppers and the tangy house marinara (one of the best I’ve had).

Now for those with severe gluten sensitivities, simply eating prepared food at any restaurant that has gluten present might not be an option for you. But if your tolerance isn’t quite that extreme than this is definitely the place to go.

To help assure that your pizza remains as gluten-free as possible (in a gluten environment) they place each pizza crust into it’s very own pie tin to help prevent it from coming into contact with the oven’s cooking surface. Great idea. Thank you Brick Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment