Friday, August 5, 2011

Chipotle



Amazing, awesome, allergy conscious, Chipotle. Yes, this is fast food I’m talking about but it’s truly an unique experience. The environment is a modern, open kitchen that lays out your food cafeteria style. This allows you to see how your food is prepared and allows you to view your food, before you choose it.

I have been to the local Chipotle quite a few times and the staff is friendly and willing to help meet my allergy needs. When I approach the counter I let them know of my food sensitivities and they immediately wash their hands and change their gloves. When I’m in the mood for guacamole (which is located right next to the cheese) they are more than willing to bring out a fresh batch to help me out.

The food is flavorful, hearty, fresh and healthy. Most of the menu is gluten & dairy-free, and they seem to take great pride in having options for individuals such as myself. I’m a huge fan of their Burrito Bowl. My Bowl usually looks like this: lettuce, cilantro rice, black beans, sauteed onions and peppers, grilled chicken, salsa and guac. For more allergy info check out this link: 
http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/special_diet_information/special_diet_information.aspx

Their motto: “Food with Integrity is our commitment to always look closer, dig deeper, and work harder to ensure that our actions are making things better, not worse. It’s our promise to run our business in a way that doesn’t exploit animals, people or the environment. It is the philosophy that guides every decision we make at Chipotle.” —Steve Ells

The prices are a tiny bit higher than your average fast food chain but it’s worth it. To know that you are eating great food that is also great for the planet, provided by a company that continues to think before they act… that's worth an extra couple of bucks to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment